Friday 18 January 2008

Here goes!

Hello,

My name is Stiffy. I am 22 years old. I live in Oxford, England and I work in a very "bottom-rung" job in customer service. But I like it, so it's not too bad.

The point of this blog is to document my fitness. My last job (in a car production plant) was very labour intensive. I would walk anywhere up to 14 miles over the course of 11 hours each night.
This job was awful. But it paid very well. At least £21k a year. The down side was that it was extremely depressing. I decided that my mental health was more important than a fat wallet, so I quit. I walked into the office with my notice, handed it in and they said "when would you like to leave?" I replied "I wouldn't be here now if I had the choice.". They then said that I could work that night and then never come back. I was thrilled!

I spent month job hunting and my Mum helped me find my current job. It's in an office and is considerably more stimulating for my mind.

The downside is it doesn't pay that well. I take home just over £12k each year. I'm also sat on my arse everyday, which is fine at the moment as I have my "young person metabolism", but in a few years I could end up never seeing my feet again!

This is where my mission come in. I plan to join a gym and blog my progress. This should add an incentive to keep it going. As I'm sure most people know, the problem with gym membership is keep the incentive to go each week.

I won't be doing this alone. I have drafted my mate Pete to help me. This should add another incentive as we can egg each other on.

The first step is taken. I have joined a gym at the cost of £42.50 a month. Oh dear. Here we go!

No comments: